Monday 27 April 2015

Colour Trends

Colour Trends:

Well, my first year of university is completed! Since I've been home (and unpacking my over-abundance of clothing), I've been thinking about what my upcoming spring/summer wardrobe will look like. Here are my three favourite colour trends right now (although, of course, I'm a true believer in wearing whatever you love!).

BLUSH:
Shop items via Polyvore

First up is not only my favourite trending colour but also my absolute favourite colour, period. Anyone who knows me or has gone shopping with me knows that I refer to this nude, blush tone as "my colour". I like this hue because of it's sophistication - it's pink without being "barbie", "baby" or "bright" pink. To me, blush pink says "feminine yet in charge" - and who doesn't want to convey that message?! You can find this colour everywhere, in every assortment of garments and it goes with just about any other neutral. Definitely a light summer colour to add to your closet. Needless to say, I could go on all day. 

Pale Blue:

Shop this look via Polyvore
Pale blue has been popping up everywhere. This colour is a little trickier, as you want to find a pale blue and not necessarily too blue. If you know you're colours (or nail polish names...?), I think of this hue as a very very washed out periwinkle blue. It's almost a powder, and as such acts as a neutral. This colour can be added to many outfits and is easy to incorporate, especially since faded denim can resemble it. This colour is perfect because it's stands out and yet can be paired alongside other colours. This pale blue would be beautiful with a white denim for summertime.


Light Gray:
Shop this colour scheme via Polyvore

Are you sensing a theme within these colour schemes??? Ok, I do love the lighter colours for spring and summer but I think that's fairly standard after having such a dark and dreary Toronto winter. The slightly gray shades and silver tones are so beautiful and a (slightly) different take on white for summer. Overall, I think gray is a universal colour and the lighter tones are minimalistic and clean looking... 'nough said.

PLAYLIST:




No comments :

Post a Comment