Monday 25 May 2015

Reckless Abandon















Reckless Abandon:

Flashback to November when I was sitting in my lecture, listening to Barbara Atkin, VP of Holt Renfrew's Fashion Department talk about what her team has put together for spring/summer 2015 (SS15) trends. I heard the word "culottes" for possibly the third time in my entire life and genuinely wondered if they would actually take off as a trend. Would people really wear capri length flowy pants that looked as if they were swimming in an extra 3 yards of unwanted fabric? Flash forward to March when I fell in love with my first pair of culottes at Club Monaco (see hereand never looked back. Ever since, culottes have been my thing this season and I refuse to let anyone tell me they're ugly (so what if they're slightly man repelling... Leandra Medine is doing just fine). This is just a perfect example of my golden rule in regards to fashion and personal style - never say never to any style before you try it... it will most likely get recycled into the next upcoming years trend-forecasting report.

Don't forget to check out my YouTube channel (here) , follow me on Instagram (here) and like my Facebook page (here) please!

Culottes // T. Babaton (Aritzia)
Halter Top // Garage
Duster // Forever 21 (from second-hand store: The Patch)
Heels // Nine West

PLAYLIST:

Black Coast - TRNDSTTR (Lucian Remix)
Red - Ben Khan
The Temper Trap - Sweet Disposition

All video and pictures taken by my brother Jack Innanen.



No comments :

Post a Comment