Friday 1 August 2014

DIY Duds















DIY Duds:

I love the babydoll, shapeless dress trend right now that is very Brandy-esque (as in Melville), although many of them don't seem to fit me lengthwise, as my longer legs won't allow it. When I found this one at Winners, I was so excited because of the colourful bohemian print and shape. It felt like it was missing something, so I immediately made a trip to Fabricland to buy some pom-pom trim. I highly recommend attempting this quick DIY, because it adds a little bit of something extra and makes the dress or skirt uniquely yours. I went with cream, but you could match any of the colours in the fabric motif. Remember to pin the trim onto the underside of the dress hem and run a parallel stitch along the hem (I did this twice; the first time the hem stuck out a little too much). I hope you can see in some close-up pictures above! As for the bracelets, my mom made those simply from elastic jewelry thread, beads and charms from Michael's Craft store (my mom has the original crafty genes in the family). Paired with my old crochet boots and some braids here and there, my pom-pom dress makes me feel like a free spirit (twirling and trespassing helps with that, too).

dress / One Clothing (Winners)
pom-pom trim / Fabricland
bracelets / (supplies at Michael's Craft store)
boots / Urban Outfitters

Playlist:
The Throw - Jagwar Ma
Shelter - XX
Belong - Washed Out
Amnesia - 5SOS

- Zo


1 comment :

  1. Love it!! :) Followed you!! xx

    http://www.valeskamitrano.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete